Friday, September 24, 2010

Musings, Learnings and Morsels of Wisdom picked up so far...

- there is such a thing as governors on cars
- the yield to the right rule is NO joke!
- adjusting to living in Brussels is easier than adjusting to working in Brussels
- never use the detergent dispensing drawer on a Dutch washing machine
- wearing heels on cobblestone is never a good idea 
- I'm certain to end up with at least one broken ankle!
- even a few weeks feels like a very long time when you miss your family
- the best fries are sold near the old stock exchange building
- just overhearing someone speaking English makes me feel a little less isolated
- waffles are good any time of day
- its impossible to look at the clock and not immediately calculate what time it is at home
- accomplishing even the smallest task (grocery shopping, joining a gym, setting the GPS in English vs French) makes me very proud of myself
- seeing people with their dogs breaks my heart just a little bit
- I could live here a long time and still not try every beer on the Delirium beer menu
- there is a lot here that I am excited to show others

No comments:

Post a Comment