Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Smart Girls want to be told they're Beautiful.....

.... Apparently, Diamler didn't get the message.  Smart girls like to be told they are beautiful and beautiful girls like to be told they're...

Well, anyway - Diamler calls this little gem SMART.  I don't know what they're thinking.  I call this a toy. I can pedal my bicycle faster than this thing moves.  Sure yes, perhaps it is better for the environment, although with its extremely small size, I am tempted to jump the curb and drive on the sidewalks to get out of traffic.  So yes, maybe "SMART" for the environment, but extremely dangerous for the public.

This was the rental car assigned to me after a 90 minute (infuriating) conversation and wait at the airport rental desk on Sunday (and I did have a reservation, can't imagine if I didn't).  Additionally, this SMART little POS included a portable Garmin (navigation is really a must in this town, especially when its Asia/Europe relation week and 50% of the roads are just closed).  The good news?  The Garmin doesn't work!!!  Good times.  I suppose to look on the bright side, I have been successfully learning the city in short order this week, as I have found myself turned around (who can tell in this little piece of junk) many times.

I was told the rental company would come and switch the car for something different today, but alas, this is Belgium and service is not exactly a source of pride in this country.

Zero to 60 in 5.2 minutes.... zip zip!

2 comments:

  1. If you pull the car backwards, does it zip forward?? Get someone to take your pic with it so I can really see how tiny that car is. Sorry the garmin has failed. Good thing you can figure things out!!! Hang in there and watch out walkers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, my brother Chuck talked about getting a Smart car and I told him that was a very bad idea. He listened and got a Dodge Charger instead!

    ReplyDelete