Friday, October 15, 2010

Sightseeing Solo

Last Saturday was beautiful here in Brussels, so I decided to jump on a train (a short 5 min walk from my apartment is Central Station) and head to Bruges.  Bruges is a magnificent city about an hour west of Brussels.  It is quite touristy, but is a wonderful walking city with surprises around nearly every corner.


Here are some of my favorite photos from the day.
A beautiful courtyard - postcard perfect.




















The only Michelangelo statue outside of Italy- this is Madonna and Child located inside the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk (Church of our Lady).  




In the central Market - the busiest Square in Bruges is the site of the Belfort.  You can climb the 366 steps to the top to see amazing views of the city.  I didn't go up on this visit, wanted to save that when I had a visitor. :)






















Simply beautiful!  I could have sat and starred across the water all afternoon.
















*** I will post my other pictures on facebook - there are many beautiful pictures  ***  


Oh wait, just one more - Mr. Crum, this one is for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment