Sunday, September 12, 2010

I get by with a little help from my... (American) friends

Just finishing up my first weekend in Brussels. Had a nice time checking out the city, doing a little grocery shopping and enjoying two BBQ's with some American coworkers and friends (my family away from family).

Saturday night I was invited to dinner in Overjise at the home of the Galvin's. George and I worked together in Louisiana in 1999 and now we are both in the Waterloo office (they moved here last August). He and his wife Beth have the adorable little 18 month in these pictures. Sean is just as sweet as can be!

Sunday night I was invited over to the Freidingers home in Waterloo. Dave and his wife Alicia relocated this summer and have two daughters, Callie is 11 and Sienna is 3. Wonderful girls. We celebrated Dave's birthday which will be on Thursday. It was so nice to have enjoy some "family" time this weekend. I feel very fortunate to have these guys as coworkers and their families as friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment