Saturday, September 11, 2010

Place away from Home

I arrived in Brussels on September 8th, 2010 jet lagged and anxious. I’d been waiting for this day for a long time, mostly with fear and apprehension. But here I am and now its time to make it work! (Insert Tim Gunn’s direction here!) I made it to my office to get my apartment keys and then found the apartment (I will post some pictures soon). I impressed myself with a trip to a grocery store and actually purchased enough items to make dinner! Denise 1 Brussels 0! I have a feeling that score will change very, very soon.


Here are some pictures of my new place away from home. I don't think I can (or will) call this apartment home.
Home is not the place where you live, its the place where you belong. And I know I belong with those I love. But for now, this is my new place.

This is the Square where my apartment opens into. Place des Martyrs - named for the fallen heroes that were buried here in 1830 after the Revolution (Belgium's fight for independence). It is said that Charlotte and Emily Bronte stayed here.

Here is a shot of my building and front door, Number 21.



No comments:

Post a Comment